Sunday, December 22, 2013

Assembly time

In a previous life, I studied counseling psychology and had to take a lot of tests. Personality tests, intelligence tests, tests of psychosis, etc. While scoring low in psychosis, I tended to score high in what was called divergent thinking -- thinking out of the box.

Do I still put this trait to use, lo these many years later?

You know I do.

Exhibit A: gingerbread house pre-assembly, without uniform pieces.

If I can keep the dogs from snacking until that icing sets up, these little A-frame cabins are going to be turned right side up and hidden until tomorrow, when the decorating will begin.

This year we'll have a detail-minded eighteen year old, five other people, plus a three year old around the table. Should be interesting.


india2australia said...

Food is cheap and plenty of choices. Singapore is food paradise. Everywhere you walk you will find food courts. For SG$10-12 you will have a real nice meal. SG$5-6 cost me a rice dish with prawns.

Singapore is very small and every area is connected by a subway station. There are Indian restaurants located in "little India" and you can easily reach there within a few minutes by a subway train.

Kristin said...

I didn't know about this special background of yours. Did you wear a lab coat while you constructed your experiment? How did you 'control' the dogs from eating them?